Sequatchie, TN (August 16, 2011) – The GEICO, Honda, JG Offroad team will have five riders taking part in the inaugural Kenda Tennessee Knockout, Fueled by Monster Energy. Kyle Redmond, Scott Watkins, Ryan Rodgers, Matt Crouch and Rory Mead will be flying the team JG Offroad colors. And all of these riders have the credentials to be contenders for podium positions.
- Kyle Redmond has had top finishes at extreme events including Erzeberg, EncuroCross and Xtinction.
- Scott Watkins has been a consistent front runner in the OMA series and GNCC events.
- Ryan Rodgers is a former GNCC A Champion and Amateur EnduroCross champion.
- Matt Crouch is a tough young rider from Texas that continues to move up the ranks.
- Rory Mead is a New Zealander that surprised a lot of people by running up front at a few GNCC and finished 4th at the extremely tough and prestigious Snowshoe event.
GEICO, Honda, JG Offroad team owner, JT Bennett is enthusiastic about his team’s chances for this first time event that will take place at the Trials Training Center in Sequatchie, Tennessee. “We have a strong group of riders that all have a chance to run up front at this event and I am really excited to do well for KENDA since they are a new team sponsor and the primary backer of this event”. With five strong riders, the numbers are certainly on their side.
The 2011 Kenda Tennessee Knockout event will feature Expert racing on Sunday, August 28th. Amateur riders will get the opportunity to compete on much of the same course on Saturday, August 27th and the top finishers will have the opportunity to advance to the Sunday Expert finals with free entries.